2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: petestrauss1@home.com
Date: 6 Aug 2001 16:36:13 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Irvine Desalter/TCE remediation project

Perhaps I was not totally clear.  As doobage described below, the
question should be separated into parts.  However, one of the parts must
be the following: if groundwater is contaminated with a chemical
contaminant by a PRP, but is not a potential drinking water source
because of naturally occurring high total dissolved solids (TDS), should
the PRP be required to clean up the chemical contamination. In most
cases I am familiar with, PRPs are not required to do so unless of
course there are other pathways to humans or animals besides drinking
water.

Peter Strauss