2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 6 Aug 2001 16:52:51 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Correction to Summary of Spring Valley Testimony

Thank you for this 'new' format Aimee, Lenny and CPEO.

I was encouraged to hear the military and Corps working together with
everyone.  I know for myself, this is what I believe is the right course of
action to take regarding cleanup of any kind.

I do have a question (or two):

As I read and listen about these BRAC/FUDS sites, it appears there is a
common thread that runs through many of them:  not accurately locating
contaminated sites.  When this happens, sites are 'signed off' as clean.  Is
there technology and methodology being utilitized 'upfront' to avoid this
scenario in order to assess contamination at the beginning of these projects
vs. having to find out about them 'down the road' and after residential,
businesses, recreation areas, etc. are built over them?

Thanks,
Stella Bourassa