2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: jdknipp@earthlink.net
Date: 14 Feb 2002 19:36:56 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] RAB Closures

A RAB here in Virginia has drafted a charter for an existing RAB that gives the installation commander the authority to disband the RAB when he/she thinks it is no longer necessary. I'm aware of the situation at Fort Ord; as I recall, an appellant court ruled that, for Fort Ord, the commander couldn't do that without the unanimous consent of the RAB. Is this wrong, and, if not, has any further legal action given the commander the authority?

Jim Knipp
Williamsburg, VA

Jim Knipp
409 Fenton Mill Road