2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 18 Mar 2002 20:31:05 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Missile testing suit settled

Missile testing suit settled
IMPACT: Military, environmental groups resolve several issues.

The Associated Press Wire
(Published: March 17, 2002)

Fairbanks -- Environmental groups have settled a lawsuit they filed
against the military claiming that the biological effects of the latest
missile defense testing plan need more study.

Col. Rick Lehner, spokesman for the Missile Defense Agency, told the
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner on Friday that the settlement with the
Natural Resources Defense Council, which represents the groups, has
resolved several issues.

http://www.adn.com/alaska/story/784576p-850061c.html