2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Steve@miltoxproj.org
Date: 22 Mar 2002 14:52:59 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Health Tracking Network

HI all:

Here's another story from ENS about the proposed environmental health
tracking system.  There is a companion bill in the House to go along
with the Reid/Cinton Senate bill.

I haven't looked closely at the bills or the proposed system, but I do
know that this is an idea many people have advocated for a long time and
something like it is sorely needed.

Steve

Legislators Endorse Health Tracking Network

WASHINGTON, DC, March 21, 2002 (ENS) - A bipartisan group of lawmakers
has introduced legislation to monitor chronic diseases and their
potential environmental connections. Physicians for Social
Responsibility (PSR) and other environment and public health
organizations applauded the move.

"This legislation begins a new era in public health," said PSR executive
director and CEO Dr. Robert Musil. "By committing to tracking chronic
diseases and their environmental links, we are taking the first steps to
curbing these killers before they strike."

[THE COMPLETE ARTICLE CAN BE VIEWED AT:
http://ens-news.com/ens/mar2002/2002L-03-21-09.html#anchor6
UNDER THE SUBHEADING "Legislators Endorse Health Tracking Network"]

Steve Taylor
National Organizer
Military Toxics Project
(207) 783-5091 (phone)