2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 Apr 2002 13:31:27 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Senate Armed Services Committee Takes Up Defense Bill

Senators Levin and Warner introduced the Defense Authorization bill in the Senate Armed Services Committee. At this time we know it does include language to exempt DOD from some portions of some environmental laws. At this time we don't know exactly which ones.

We will keep you informed as we learn more. However what this mean is that both the Defense Authorization bills are moving quickly.

Aimee

Please note new phone number and address below.
Aimee R. Houghton
Associate Director, CPEO
1101 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC  20036