2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 6 May 2002 18:02:55 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Lines in the Sand

There is little I can add to what I consider a well thought out, all
sides considered, logic Lenny. As for the 'local government', I learned how powerful County Commissioners are (and have been told by numerous professionals it is probably the most powerful arm of our government-comparatively speaking). Counties are always 'scrambling' for more revenue to balance their budgets and development seems to be the biggest source to meet the financial needs. As communities face these issues and concerns, I would encourage everyone to establish a respectful and working relationship (if possible) with those locally elected representatives. As one commissioner said to me when I asked the question "Who is your boss?" and she responded 'Well, You are!' that summed up the importance of each citizen's involvement with 'local politics'.

Stella