2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 Jul 2002 21:50:28 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Two live mortar shells found in house

Two live mortar shells found in house

Thursday, July 11, 2002
By Will Kangas
Staff Writer

Construction workers found two live mortar shells Tuesday in a home at
1014 Burr St., said Deputy Chief Matt Heins of the Jackson Police
Department.

The shells were turned over to a military bomb disposal unit.

"Whenever we have the rare occasion of finding a military-type weapon or
explosive, we call in the military," Heins said.

This article can be viewed in its entirety at:
http://www.mlive.com/news/jacitpat/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news-1/1026401729201460.xml