2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 4 Oct 2002 17:45:35 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Green foxholes?

[POSTED BY Jake Elkins <borderlands@igc.org>]

Thank you, Mr. Steven Pollack  and Mr. Larry Siegal (CPEO), for your
comment about Marines being hampered from foxhole training by
environmental regulations.

Marines digging foxholes?  Jeez.  What a lame excuse.  I was in the
Marine Corps, including two tours in Viet Nam.  I rarely saw a marine
dig a foxhole.  Some did somewhere, but most didn't.  I don't think
anybody has used foxholes much since WWII.  "Diggin in" just ain't what
it used to be.

This crap sure romances the romantic image of GIs made lame because of
environmentalists, doesn't it?  And, mainly this demagoguery is promoted
by the people with all the photocopied American flags taped to their car
windows.  People who have never, ever, seen combat.

ASK A COMBAT VET, IF YOU KNOW ONE.  ASK A COMBAT VET IF HE/SHE SHOULD BE

PACKING UP TO GO KILL IN IRAQ.

Jake Elkins
623-9646
A member of Sustainable Borderlands Planning, Inc
an Arizona non-profit corporation since 1997
1309 E. Lee St,  Tucson, AZ  85719
520-327-4058     borderlands@igc.org
                     Speak the truth, and ride a fast horse.
                                              ~Old Cowboy Saying