2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Jana Herbert <reininthunder@earthlink.net>
Date: 5 Dec 2002 17:10:44 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Digest for cpeo-military@igc.topica.com, issue 657

I want to thank Lenny for his continued help to me and my plight with
the UXO
up at Camp Beale, plus many other things.  Before I left for my break in
life
to Oklahoma and the World Quarter Horse Show two weeks ago, I took some
advice
and sent the DTSC letter I had received a copy of and went to the media
with
it.  I got back last Sunday.  Yesterday, a major story broke on the
front page
of the Sacramento Bee, which extended to the back page (half page) on the
ordnance issue and other things, but mainly the ordnance issue, was on
the
front page of the Appeal Democrat, plus on one of the major television
stations so far...the Bee is just starting on the story...I talked to
the lead
news editor, and it is probable their coverage is just the beginning.
There
is more to this story than just the ordnance, but the ordnance alone
should
have been addressed in '93 when the first draft EIR was approved by the
County
BOS, but wasn't...even though one of the BOS admitted in a meeting I
attended
that he knew.  For now though, I want to thank Lenny, my hero and
friend :)
Jana Walsh