2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: petestrauss1@attbi.com
Date: 30 Dec 2002 04:16:27 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Environmental concerns hinder digging training, Marines assert

This debate has gotten way out of hand.  If the military can find places to
practice artillery firing, set up small arms firing ranges,  set up fire
training exercises, fly supersonic jets over large areas of land, drop test
bombs, and do the myriad of practices that have contaminated almost every
military base, then of course it can find places for Marines and other armed
forces to dig fox holes.

I suggest that the first place to look is on the base golf course.  After
years of pesticide and herbicide use, there are very few endangered species
that dwell there.

Happy holidays,

Peter Strauss