2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: dzweifel@earthlink.net
Date: 4 Feb 2003 21:44:04 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Criticality One Issue for Space Shuttle Debris

To all interested parties:

Perhaps instead of warning people to stay clear of the above maybe it would be
best to recommend that everyone in the debris pathway actively seek out the
evidence NASA is so ardently requesting.

Yes most of the wreckage is harmful to human health but on the other hand isn't
it more important to retrieve as much of the debris as possible so that they can
determine the cause of this calamity?

In regards to this particular incident why should it be necessary to warn
everyone to stand clear of this toxic site even when retrieval of the evidence
is so vital to the future of our nation's space program? Don't we owe it to the
memory of those brave astronauts to make some small effort for our country? Must
it always be about us? Isn't there a bigger picture we need to concentrate on?
Doesn't all of humanity ultimately benefit from the sacrifices of these precious
souls & the others that will surely follow in their footsteps?

Please if you're within the debris footprint take the time to search a little &
if something is found don't handle it just report it to the authorities.

Sincerely,

Don Zweifel