2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: petestrauss1@attbi.com
Date: 11 Feb 2003 20:46:20 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Scientists say tungsten a promising clue to leukemia cluster

Susan:

I'll not get into another debate with you about depleted uranium (DU).
Nevertheless, there has been a great deal of information released recently
that implicates DU as a causative factor in disease. Lead from bullets, in
the right environment, has been known to contaminate surface water and
groundwater.  We all know the seriousness of ingesting lead. The idea of
"green bullets" is for training and practice purposes.  I have not seen
their use proposed for actual combat.

Peter Strauss