2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 15:19:46 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] 2,100 acres at Pease to be deeded to PDA

Portsmouth, NH
Seacoastonline
2,100 acres at Pease to be deeded to PDA
By Christine Gillette
cgillette@seacoastonline.com

PORTSMOUTH - The state will take control of more than 2,000 acres of the
Pease International Tradeport as early as next month, officials said
Wednesday.

It will be the single largest transfer of land to the state by the
federal government in the redevelopment of the former Pease Air Force
Base as a civilian facility.

"We have developed documentation to allow us to deed, as opposed to
lease. We’re in final negotiations on it as we go through the legalese
on the deed," said David Strainge, of the Air Force Base Conversion
Agency. Strainge is coordinating the environmental cleanup at Pease.
"We’re hoping that as soon as the month of April we could be able to
pull this off."

"We certainly hope so," said Susan MacDonald, director of administration
and public relations at the Pease Development Authority. "We’ve been
working on it for quite some time."

The transfer could happen as soon as April, Strainge said, pending final
approval of the deed by both sides.

This article can be viewed at:
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/03202003/business/18746.htm