2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: petestrauss1@attbi.com
Date: 15 Apr 2003 13:33:33 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] 30 Year Feasibility Timeframe

Steve:

I have two possible theories for a legal rationale for a 30 year time frame.

First, in RCRA the post-closure monitoring fund and plan for landfills is 30
years, although many landfills will have to be monitored longer than that.
I suspect that this is a convenient carry-over from that regulation.

Second, in risk assessments, 30 years is used for the exposure time in
residential exposure scenarios.  I think this is less likely.

Lete me know what you find out.

Peter Strauss