2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: petestrauss1@attbi.com
Date: 25 Apr 2003 20:21:59 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Asbestos snags Lowry

_____

This discovery points out some potential problems at  former landfills
or areas where construction debris was dumped that are being
redeveloped.  Any area that was in operation prior to the mid 1970's
should be tested for asbestos, especially if it is being redeveloped for
residential use.

Second,  as far as I know, the Lowry LRA was one of the first to
privatize the cleanup of the site.  I do not know the full arrangements
of how this worked and would be interested to know some of the details.
In addition, how was contingency treated in the contract?  Who is going
to be held responsible for the extra cleanup?

Peter Strauss