2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 28 Aug 2003 14:53:26 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Prioritization Protocol

The following is the summary of  the proposed rule for the Munitions
Response Site Prioritization Protocol from the August 22 Federal
Register.  The protocol can be downloaded as a PDF file from:
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/14mar20010800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2003/pdf/03-21013.pdf

The Department of Defense (DoD) is proposing a rule that
establishes the Munitions Response Site Prioritization Protocol
(hereinafter referred to as the ``Protocol''). The purpose of the
Protocol is to assign a relative priority for munitions responses to
each location in the inventory of munitions response sites known or
suspected of containing unexploded ordnance, discarded military
munitions, or munitions constituents.

DATES: Written comments on this proposed rule will be accepted until
November 20, 2003.

ADDRESSES: Written comments should be mailed to: Munitions Response
Site Prioritization Protocol, P.O. Box 4231, McLean, Virginia 22103-
4231. Comments will also be accepted via electronic mail (``e-mail'')
at mmrp@www.denix.osd.mil or via the World Wide Web at http://
www.denix.osd/mil/MMRP. For comments submitted via electronic mail,
please include in the subject line the statement ``Comments on Proposed
Protocol.''

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: If there are specific questions,
please contact Ms. Patricia Ferrebee, Office of the Deputy Under
Secretary of Defense (Installations & Environment) (ODUSD(I&E)), 703-
695-6107. This proposed rule along with relevant background information
is available on the World Wide Web at the Defense Environmental Network
& Information eXchange Web site, http://www.denix.osd.mil/MMRP.