2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 Sep 2003 14:44:07 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Experts say Ord burns no worse than big fire

The following was posted by Cathy Duncan <cathyn@fix.net>
Has there been adequate analysis of actual content of munitions that are
to be burned? In example, the dumping of highly toxic weapons occurs on
most military bases, unfortunately records of this are not always
possible to obtain. Nerve gas was discovered buried on Fort Ord in 1997.
If other nerve gas dumping occured and is exposed to heat and burned in
the proposed open air fire won't the community exposure risk take on new
dimensions? This is most llikely not a simple case of burning a bullet.