2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 29 Sep 2003 18:15:13 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Perchlorates and wildlife

The following was posted by Ian Ray <Ihray@aol.com wrote>
Are there any sites with wildlife populations where the groundwater  has
been found with perchlorates?  If so, what are the military and
regulator responsibilities in dealing with the issues, e.g. plant
uptake into forage, introduction into the food chain, damage to the
biota, offsite migration?  Is there experience or existing models -
investigations, assessing damage, transfer to humans, removal,
remediation, and other?  Are these issues covered in BRAC, CERCLA,
RCRA, or other?

Respond to the web site or InformationC@aol.com

Ian Ray at Camp Bonneville, WA RAB