2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 16 Oct 2003 12:59:17 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Don't Eat The Fish In Leon Creek!

Texas
WOAI.COM
Don't Eat The Fish In Leon Creek!
Posted By: Karina Cardona
10/16/2003 4:56:47 AM

Advise from Lackland, “Don’t eat the Fish.”

They contain PCP’s, a toxic chemical that could cause cancer.

Base officials are concerned, but they say you’d have to eat one fish
every week for thirty years to get cancer.

Armando Quintanilla has lived a mile from Leon Creek for fifty years and
says no amount of contamination should be tolerated. “If they're going
to be good neighbors and good stewards of the environment, they
shouldn't let this contamination continue. They caused it, clean it up.”

This article can be viewed at:
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8649EA5A-B90B-41B5-8BDD-B75514B01585