2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 10 Feb 2004 16:56:42 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: At Close Range

Engineers about the Madera Range. This site is a low priority because
available information indicates that only practice bombs, without high
explosive filler, were dropped there. The Corps believes that the black
powder spotting charges used on those bombs have degraded in the five
decades-plus since the range was last used. The property was cleared for
scrap, but occasionally more scrap appears. They believe there is no
explosive hazard associated with ordnance at the site.

Lenny