2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 7 Apr 2004 15:16:18 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: New treatment system for Massachusetts Military Reservation

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caab6aBaVxieSa8wsBba/ UOP

Air Force to Unveil Treatment Proposal

CAPE COD TIMES
April 7, 2004

FALMOUTH - Air Force officials will meet with Falmouth residents tonight
to display construction lans for a $20 million system to clean four
underground plumes of contamination.

The meeting will take place at Ballymeade Country Club in Falmouth.

The treatment system will be the largest built to date on the base, said
Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence spokesman Doug Karson.

But officials still must complete negotiations with private land owners
before plans are final.

The plumes are moving through the aquifer from the southwest corner of
the Massachusetts Military Reservation. Air Force Center for
Environmental Excellence officials, who are running the cleanup program,
suspect the contamination comes from old fuel or chemicals spills on the base.

The plumes contain ethylene dibromide, an aviation fuel additive, and
perchloroethylene, and richloroethylene, both solvents, at levels above
federal and state safety standards.

for the entire story, see
http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/airforce7.htm

Your opinion counts! We're conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6PVaVxieSa8wsBbf/ Val Rad