2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 9 Apr 2004 20:54:30 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: School for former Depot

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab7pJaVxieSa8wsBba/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

CV wants part of depot site for sports fields

Tests show no contamination
BY CONNIE NOGAS
Press & Sun-Bulletin (Binghampton, NY)

HILLCREST -- Chenango Valley Middle and High School students may soon kick
soccer balls without fear of contamination from a nearby military depot
now that the site has been cleaned up, school officials and residents
said.

 "I would not hesitate to send my kids out onto the soccer field," said
Bruce Oldfield of Hillcrest, a member of Hillcrest Environmental Action
Team, a community watchdog group.

A four-year, $3.5 million project to clean up pollution from the 129-acre,
Cold War-era warehouse operated by the U.S. Defense Logistics Agency was
completed late last year. The school district is trying to acquire 12
acres of the depot -- which is on a list of national stockpiles being
considered for closure -- because it's behind the middle and high school
campus off Chenango Bridge Road, Superintendent Carmen Ciullo said.

?

for the entire story, see
http://www.pressconnects.com/today/news/stories/ne040904s80876.shtml

Your opinion counts! We're conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6PiaVxieSa8wsBbf/ Val Rad