2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 15 Apr 2004 21:58:28 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Roosevelt Roads contamination

Your opinion counts! We're conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab8K4aVxieSa8wsBba/ Val Rad
500 acres of contaminated land in Roosevelt Roads

By Jose Fernandez Colon of Associated Press
Puerto Rico WOW
April 15th, 2004

PONCE - Carl Axel Soderberg, director of the Environmental Protection
Agency (EPA) for the Caribbean region announced on Thursday that almost
500 acres of the defunct Roosevelt Roads naval base in Ceiba are
contaminated.

Soderberg, a former member of the Environmental Quality Board, said that
parts of ammunition used by the United States Navy were found in one of
the 18 areas reported to be contaminated.

"Of the former base's almost 9,000 acres, only 500, spread out over
different areas, are contaminated. Some of the contaminants are grease;
gasoline; oil in a few workshops; and, like in any other airport, jet
fuel on the ground," said Soderberg.

for the entire story, see
http://www.puertoricowow.com/html/general-detail.asp?amaspHidden_listActive=true&amaspField_newshd=500%20acres%20of%20contaminated%20land%20in%20Roosevelt%20Roads%20&amaspHidden_newshd_dataType=string

http://click.topica.com/caab8K1aVxieSa8wsBbf/ Val Rad