2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 23 Apr 2004 22:35:54 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Rocky Flats Safety

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caab6awaVxieSa8wsBba/ ExpertCity

Speakout: Safety is paramount at Rocky Flats

By Frazer Lockhart
Rocky Mountain News (CO) - Opinion
April 23, 2004

As manager of the Department of Energy's Rocky Flats Project Office, my
top priority is the safe completion of the closure and cleanup of Rocky
Flats. The safety program at Rocky Flats remains solid, contrary to the
impressions of recent news articles.

Several years ago when it looked like the Rocky Flats cleanup would take
60 years and congressional support was at an impasse, the DOE and its
contractor made a bold proposal to the community that we could achieve
an accelerated cleanup without compromising safety or the level of
cleanup. As we move ahead with the major challenges in industrial and
occupational safety, our commitment to working safely remains our top priority.

The safe and successful cleanup and closure of Rocky Flats is one of the
largest and most complex projects in the country. Our task is
unprecedented in the world - to safely achieve the complete
dismantlement of a former nuclear weapons factory. The work is
extraordinarily difficult, yet despite the challenges, the massive
cleanup of radiological and industrial hazards is being done with one of
the strongest safety records in the country.

for the entire column, see
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/opinion/article/0,1299,DRMN_38_2829888,00.html

Sign up to get FREE information from leading colleges!
Compare degrees, admissions, financial aid and more.
Study your career education options at
Collegeinformation.info.
http://click.topica.com/caab8K7aVxieSa8wsBbf/ College Info