2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 10 May 2004 15:22:16 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Bombs in Baltimore

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMSaVxieSa8wsBba/ ExpertCity

Origins of bombs under investigation
State, military officials open criminal inquiry; devices safely removed

By Tom Pelton
Baltimore Sun
May 7, 2004

Authorities opened a criminal investigation yesterday to determine who
buried 12 explosives -- including a fat 4,000-pound bomb of the kind
dropped from airplanes during World War II -- at a former military
shipyard along the water in remote southern Baltimore.

But the day seemed to yield as many questions as answers, with military
officials suggesting some of the bombs had been manufactured during
different periods, one as late as the Vietnam War. And they said the
bombs could have been buried on the industrial site in Fairfield as
recently as the mid-1990s.

None of the weapons, which were uncovered by construction workers
Wednesday morning, had a working detonator. This means they posed little
risk of blowing up as they were inspected by Army bomb squads using
high-tech gamma-ray equipment.

for the entire story, see
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-te.md.bomb07may07,1,632426.story

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaccMPaVxieSa8wsBbf/ UOP