2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 14 May 2004 15:23:48 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Air Force plane drops fuel tanks over New Mexico

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMSaVxieSa8wsBba/ ExpertCity

Cannon plane makes emergency fuel drop

By Darrell Todd Maurina
Portales News-Tribune (NM)
May 14, 2004

A Cannon Air Force Base pilot dropped two 370-gallon fuel tanks while
flying about five miles southwest of the base late Tuesday night.

Senior Master Sgt. Stefan Alford, a base spokesman, said no people or
livestock were harmed and the plane landed safely. He said the tank
release happened due to an unspecified ?in-flight emergency? with a F-16
jet from the 522nd Fighter Squadron.
Alford said he didn?t know many specific details involving the fuel tank
release, which occurred about 11 p.m.

?All we can say now is it is under investigation,? Alford said. ?Once
the safety board determines what the cause was, we can let you know.?

An Air Force recovery team began searching for the tanks about 7:10 a.m.
Wednesday and found the first tank within five minutes, according to a
press release from Cannon public affairs. The second tank was recovered
about an hour later. Both were in open fields away from any structures.

for the entire story, see
http://www.pntonline.com/engine.pl?station=portales&template=storyfull.html&id=2359

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMVaVxieSa8wsBbf/ ExpertCity