2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 14 May 2004 20:23:31 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Dubois defense base closure plan

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU?s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime ? anywhere.
http://click.topica.com/caaccM2aVxieSa8wsBba/ AIU

Pentagon official backs BRAC schedule
By Charlie Lanter
Macon Telegraph (GA)
May. 11, 2004

WARNER ROBINS - A top Pentagon official defended the current timetable
for military base closure and realignment in a speech Monday at the
Museum of Aviation.

Raymond DuBois, deputy undersecretary of defense for installations and
environment, also said to expect more emphasis on realignment in the
round of BRAC scheduled for 2005, as forces are moved around especially
from overseas bases to installations within the United States.

The process is necessary, he said, to eliminate the military's excess
capacity and save taxpayer dollars.

"We're supporting a lot of infrastructure that we just do not need any
longer," DuBois said.

He stressed there would be a move toward military bases with more than
one mission and hosting more than one branch of the service.

One aspect of the ongoing BRAC process, he said, is outlining which
bases have the capacity to support more missions and more than one
branch of the military.

for the entire story
http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/local/states/georgia/counties/houston_peach/8636576.htm

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caaccMMaVxieSa8wsBbf/ Sharebuilder