2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 25 Jun 2004 06:01:46 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Former Camp Lejeune residents express anger

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caaclxSaVxieSa8wsBba/OmahaSteaks

Ex-base residents want wider water probe

ERIC STEINKOPFF
Jacksonville Daily News
June 25, 2004

An angry group of about 50 former Camp Lejeune residents Thursday called
for the government to broaden the scope of its investigation into
health-related problems stemming from contaminated drinking water
discovered at Camp Lejeune in 1980.

One by one, men and women - many of them former Marines - stood and
spoke to the four-member fact-finding panel assigned by the Marine Corps
to look into actions surrounding the contamination and 1985 closure of
wells in base housing areas.

The criticism included stinging words from former residents like Ellen
Harris of Fort Plain, Ga., who lived in military housing at Camp Lejeune
for about five years. She came to Jacksonville for Thursday's hearing.

"In the private sector this would be a felony ? leaving people injured,
sick and dying," Harris said. "We all looked like we had the mange."

for the entire article, see
http://www.jdnews.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=23604&Section=News

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaciqQaVxieSa8wsBbf/Discover Card