2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 2 Jul 2004 20:35:34 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Los Alamos cited for plutonium exposure

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgwaVxieSa8wsBba/DiscoverCard

Los Alamos cited for safety violation

Oakland Tribune (CA)
July 2, 2004

The U.S. Department of Energy cited the University of California for
safety violations at Los Alamos National Laboratory for an incident last
summer in which two workers inhaled plutonium.

The workers were conducting an inventory of cans of plutonium residue on
Aug. 5, 2003, at the main plutonium processing facility when an alarm
sounded, the lab said.

The workers evacuated the room, but medical exams showed skin
contamination with the radioactive metal and evidence that both had
inhaled plutonium.

for the entire article, see
http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,1413,82~1865~2248575,00.html

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgjaVxieSa8wsBbf/OmahaSteaks