2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 16 Jul 2004 06:29:26 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Reese AFB TCE update

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgjaVxieSbnA7rua/OmahaSteaks

Reese Water Contamination Update

News Channel 11 KCBD (TX)
July 14, 2004

For years, ground water near the Reese Technology Center has been
contaminated with a substance called Trichloroethylene which was used as
a degreaser for airplane maintenance, when Reese was still an air force
base. If consumed the contaminant can damage the kidneys, liver and harm
unborn babies. But is it still [a] threat to area residents?

Since it's detection in 1993, Reese workers have been developing wells
in the Reese area to contain the chemical. But NewsChannel 11 spoke to
the site manager at Reese who says that they still have work to do
before they're on safe ground.

The area surrounding what used to be Reese Air Force Base, is now the
home of 300 wells. "We extract samples out of the wells, send them to a
lab where we can get an understanding of what the contamination may or
may not be in the ground water at that location," explains Paul Carroll,
site manager for Reese.

for the entire story, see
http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=2041136

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgwaVxieSbnA7ruf/DiscoverCard