2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 Aug 2004 15:50:38 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Monterey airport FUDS cleanup

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacvgtaVxieSbnA7rua/MyDietPatches

Officials, residents pleased by effort in airport water cleanup

By LARRY PARSONS
Monterey Herald (CA)
August 12, 2004

The cleanup of groundwater laced with toxic chemicals that strayed from
an old Navy air base at Monterey Peninsula Airport is going very well,
federal officials said Wednesday.

Since the cleanup began a year ago, about 36 million gallons of
groundwater have been pumped and treated from wells at the airport and
nearby Casanova Oak Knoll Park. Levels of contaminants in the three
shallow ground-water plumes being cleaned have dropped sharply,
officials said.

"We have seen great progress, but we still have a ways to go," said
Jerry Vincent, project manager for the $5 million cleanup being done by
the Army Corps of Engineers.

The shallow groundwater, which isn't used for drinking water, is
contaminated with petroleum products and an industrial solvent used at
the Navy air base, which operated between 1942 and 1972.

for the entire article, see
http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/9380813.htm

Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let
YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
http://click.topica.com/caacxycaVxieSbnA7ruf/MyOnlinePayday