2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 Aug 2004 16:14:09 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Perchlorate at Stennis Space Center

RE-GROW YOUR HAIR STARTING NOW.....Click here for more info!
http://click.topica.com/caacxydaVxieSbnA7rua/Medical Hair Restoration

NASA cleaning up contaminated Area H

By RYAN LAFONTAINE
THE SUN HERALD (MS)
August 24, 2004

HANCOCK COUNTY - Munitions tests done more than 30 years ago at Stennis
Space Center released a cancer-causing chemical into the ground, and
NASA now has a plan to clean it up.

NASA has decided on a cleanup plan to remove a cancer causing chemical
from Area H at Stennis Space Center.

Ron Magee, acting environmental officer at Stennis, said NASA began an
investigation of the land in 1990, which originally yielded 40
"potentially contaminated" sites throughout the space center. Currently,
30 of those sites are listed as "No Further Action" sites.

"We have been studying the entire site to see if there were any areas
that required a cleanup," Magee said. "Basically, we studied any place
that we thought might be contaminated."

As a result of the 14-year investigation, a cancer-causing chemical,
Perchlorate, was found at Area H. Stennis officials said the chemical is
not an immediate health risk to people or animals because the
Perchlorate is more than 15 feet underground.

for the entire article, see
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunherald/news/local/9480057.htm

[Note: Though the cancer risk from perchlorate has not been thoroughly
investigated, it has generally NOT been identified as a "cancer-causing" chemical.]

Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let
YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
http://click.topica.com/caacxycaVxieSbnA7ruf/MyOnlinePayday