2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 25 Aug 2004 07:01:08 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Nebraska Ordnance Plant

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caacvgoaVxieSbnA7rua/ChildrenInternational

Corps blasted over cleanup of ordnance plant site

by Algis J. Laukaitis
Lincoln Journal Star (NE)
August 24, 2004

MEAD - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers received poor marks Tuesday
night from some residents who were upset with the agency's progress in
cleaning up contamination at the former Nebraska Ordnance Plant.

Their critics said corps officials from the Kansas City, Mo., district
office and other regulators were dragging their feet in getting private
wells sampled and were accused of not providing accurate and timely
information to the public.

"I want to know how the Army plans to protect my kids," said Linda
Wageman, whose family owns land in the area.

She was among about 60 area residents who attended a quarterly meeting
of the Restoration Advisory Board on Tuesday night at the Community
Building. The meetings are held by the corps to update the public on the
progress of the cleanup project, which was started in 1989.

for the entire article, see
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2004/08/24/local/10054180.txt

Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let
YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
http://click.topica.com/caacxycaVxieSbnA7ruf/MyOnlinePayday