2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 27 Apr 2005 15:23:51 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Rialto perchlorate - local entities to cooperate

Water district, Rialto join to fight perchlorate

By Nikki Cobb
San Bernardino County Sun (CA)
April 27, 2005

RIALTO - For the first time since the discovery of a plume of toxic
perchlorate that threatens the wells of two water systems, the city and
the West Valley Water District are working together toward a solution to
the problem.

"The plume that is affecting us is the same plume that is affecting
them,' said Mayor Pro Tem Joe Sampson. "We could form maybe some
partnerships in some areas and accomplish more if we put forth our
efforts jointly.'

Councilwoman Winnie Hanson agreed. She said a Tuesday night workshop
involving city and water district officials was more than informational.
It was intended as a forum to come to an understanding.

"We know what we're doing, they know what they're doing. But we need to
help each other out,' Hanson said.

But relations have been strained between Rialto and the district because
of differing opinions on how to address the problem.

http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208~12588~2837678,00.html