2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: lsiegel@cpeo.org
Date: 7 Oct 2005 21:59:35 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Ft. A.P. Hill (VA) commander speaks out

Tricord's New Post threatens our old post, valuable Fort A. P. Hill

Lt. Col. James A. Mis
Opinion
Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star (VA)
October 7, 2005

Lt. Stephen Noel participates in a live-fire 'react-to-ambush' course at
Fort A. P. Hill.
Click for larger photo and to order reprints

I AM WRITING this as commander of Fort A.P. Hill and a soldier serving
in defense of America's liberties. It's disturbing to see a full-page
advertisement, apparently produced in concert by a high-profile lobbying
group and a developer that denigrates the mission of one of the Army's
premier training centers.

Since the days preceding American entry into the World War II, Fort A.P.
Hill has been engaged in training this nation's fighting men and women.
The base's primary mission is to provide realistic training to America;
defense forces, which come from all services of our military, to include
Marines from Quantico and sailors from Dahlgren. Also included are
federal agencies and local police departments, such as the FBI, ATF, and
the Richmond and Fredericksburg Police Departments, whose officers hone
skills necessary to protect our communities.

For the entire column, see
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/102005/10072005/135290