2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 21 Jan 2006 00:38:41 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] "Moms crusade for breast milk safety"

East Bay moms crusade for breast milk safety

By Jackie Burrell
CONTRA COSTA TIMES (CA)
Jan. 20, 2006

Little Olivia was just six months old when her mother discovered that
what she had always considered her daughter's purest, best food source
-- breast milk -- might be contaminated with some strange,
unpronounceable chemical.

Mary Brune had just settled into a comfy chair with her baby last year,
when she caught a television news report that said traces of perchlorate
had been found in breast milk.

"I'm nursing my daughter at the time," Brune recalled. "And I'm
wondering, 'Oh my God! What is perchlorate?'"

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/13674297.htm