2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 13 Apr 2006 04:58:22 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Catholic University (Northeast DC)

Catholic U. awaits Army test results for WWI contaminants

By Kathryn Sinzinger
The Common Denominator (DC)
April 11, 2006

Catholic University officials say they are hopeful that government paint and soil testing will provide reassurance that no hazardous materials remain on the Northeast Washington campus from the university's participation in World War I chemical weapons development.

Results of tests performed on samples collected during the university's spring break, Feb. 25 through March 6, are expected in late spring or early summer, according to university spokesman Victor Nakas.

"We welcome the government coming in and doing the testing," Nakas told The Common Denominator. "We have received repeated assurances from the government that there was nothing to worry about, and we just want to put this to bed."

http://www.thecommondenominator.com/041106_update1.html

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org