2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 Apr 2006 01:05:48 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] CPEO's IRF listserve lowers rates

As the Installation Reuse Forum (IRF) - CPEO's third newsgroup - begins its second year, we have lowered its subscription rates by an order of magnitude. Furthermore, if you are subscribed to the Military Environmental Forum (MEF) at the regular rate of $60 per year, you can add the IRF for $40 per year - since we offer a combined subscription for $100.

Last April, it appeared that the 2005 round of base closures would be unprecedentedly large. In establishing the IRF, CPEO created a rate structure designed for developers and others who expected to invest large sums of money in base reuse.

Though several 2005-round bases are expected to undergo wholesale redevelopment, the issues associated with installation reuse have turned out to be much broader than real estate deals. To encourage a wider readership, CPEO is lowering the regular annual rate from $500 to $60, which is already the annual fee for the Military Environmental Forum. We are eliminating quarterly subscriptions, and we are offering a discounts to readers who wish to subscribe both to the IRF and the MEF - two subscriptions for a $100 regular rate. Subscriptions to the Brownfields Internet Forum remain free.

The complete rate structure is as follows:

REGULAR SUBCRIPTION
$60/year for MEF or IRF; $100/year for both

SPONSOR RATE
$120/year for MEF or IRF; $200/year for both

LOW-INCOME
$25/year for MEF or IRF; $50/year for both

GROUP SUBSCRIPTIONS MAY BE DIRECTLY NEGOTIATED.

To pay, either

* write a check to CPEO/PSC (be sure to include your e-mail address on the memo lines), and mail it to

        CPEO c/o PSC
        278-A Hope Street
        Mountain View, CA 94041-1308

Or

LS

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org