2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net (marylia)
Date: 24 Apr 2006 17:32:37 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] New resources on Tri-Valley CAREs' web site- weapons budget, plutonium and more

Dear friends and colleagues:

New on Tri-Valley CAREs' web site at www.trivalleycares.org, please find:

1. A clear and cogent analysis of the Dept. of Energy's fiscal year 2007
budget request for nuclear weapons activities by Dr. Robert Civiak. The
report is titled, "Still At It." Just click on our web site and you will
see it at the top of the page.

2. A press release detailing our response to DOE's announcements that it
will (a) move weapons usable quantities of plutonium out of Livermore by
the end of 2014 (eight years and two administrations from now), and (b)
possibly double the inventory of plutonium at Livermore Lab to more than
3,000 pounds in the interim period. To get our press release, simply scroll
down below our budget report to the "latest press releases" section on the
right hand side. Also on our web site, you will find a petition to stop DOE
from increasing plutonium at Livermore Lab. We invite you to download a
copy and circulate it amongst your family and friends.

3. A succinct technical report on what actions are needed to remediate
toxic and radioactive wastes seeping from the "Pit 7 Complex" at Livermore
Lab's Site 300 high explosives testing range. To locate the report, simply
click into the "technical comments and letters" section at the left of the
web site.

On our web site, you will also find, "The Reliable Replacement Warhead
Program: A Slippery Slope to New Nuclear Weapons," and numerous other
useful reports, monthly newsletters, press releases -- and more.

Your donations are always welcome -- and needed. On our web site, you will
find opportunities to contribute to Tri-Valley CAREs' work through either
Paypal or Network for Good.

In the coming days, we will be posting additional new resources to our web
site. So, please stay tuned.

Peace,
Marylia

Marylia Kelley
Executive Director
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94551

<http://www.trivalleycares.org> - is our web site address. Please visit us
there!