2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 Jul 2006 01:37:02 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Trenton, Ohio thyroid cancers

Trenton to help parents find answers to thyroid cancer issue
Mothers suspect environmental link to disease.

By Meghan Crosby
Trenton Journal News (OH)
July 11, 2006

TRENTON - The parents of three Edgewood High School teens living with a rare thyroid cancer are looking to the environment for answers.

Mothers Stephanie Carper, Melissa Snethen and Debbie Tucker last week asked Trenton city leaders to get involved in helping them determine whether environmental factors could be behind their children's cancer.

"We have a problem with thyroid cancer going around in our town," Trenton resident Vicki Casey told Trenton City Council last week. "We would like some help testing the water here."

http://www.journal-news.com/hp/content/news/stories/2006/07/11/HJN071206thyroid.html?UrAuth=%60N^NUObNUUbTTUWUXUWUZTYU]UWU^U_UZUbUaUcTYWYWZV

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org