2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2007 19:57:24 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Kelly Air Force Base (TX) former workers' cancers

Roddy Stinson: Former Kelly worker is wondering if base contaminants caused cancer

Column by Roddy Stinson
San Antonio Express-News (TX)
June 6, 2007

On the Sleuthing Trail ...

CASE: The other day I received a call from a 58-year-old San Antonio man who worked at Kelly AFB from 1983 to 1999. He said he recently had a cancerous kidney removed, and he wondered what I could tell him about Kelly workers' exposure to carcinogens that cause kidney cancer.

Most of my Kelly-contamination research and the columns that reported my findings are 6 to 10 years old, and I told the cancer victim that I couldn't recall any specifics about kidney cancer.

The problem proved to be my memory, not a lack of published information.

A search of the Express-News archives turned up a dozen columns in which Kelly contaminants and potential kidney problems were discussed.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA060707.1B.rstinson.3489285.html