2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2007 00:48:27 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] [Fwd: Military post from woodel11@students.rowan.edu requires approval]

Subject: Researcher new to the list: Nike bases
From: "Woodell, Deborah C" <woodel11@students.rowan.edu>

Hi,
I'm enrolled in the Geographic Information Science program at Rowan University. For my mapping class this semester, I want to create a map of the former Nike missile sites in southern New Jersey -- Lumberton, Marlton, Berlin/Clementon, Pitman, Swedesboro and Pedricktown. I'm not sure how extensive my research will be, but it probably include the following:
  - What were the sites prior to being a Nike site?
  - How were they acquired?
  - Criteria for acquisition? (location, access to highways?)
  - Closing/disposition?
  - Environmental impact?
  - What are they now?
If anyone has any interest and can be of help, or knows where to go for research, please direct your comments to this e-mail address. I also am blogging about my project at http://eclecticpedestrian.blogspot.com and welcome comments there.
Thanks for your help
Deb Woodell