2008 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:38:41 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] ENCROACHMENT: Camp Bullis (TX)

Development Moratorium Plans at Bullis Unveiled

Would protect 62 acres adjacent to the post

By Jim Forsyth
WOAI 1200 News Radio (San Antonio, TX)
July 1, 2008

An agreement is in the works to place a permanent development moratorium on a 62 acre tract adjacent to Camp Bullis which will serve as a habitat for the Golden-cheeked Warbler and other endangered species, 1200 WOAI news reports.

City Councilwoman Diane Cibrian made the announcement as she was convening the first ever meeting of the Joint Land Use Committee, which will plot as long term strategy for restricting development around the sensitive Army post.

"At this point they (INTCO-Dominion Investments) has agreed not to move forward with development and we are working toward a time frame," Cibrian announced. "I am hopeful that we will be receiving a positive response soon from the multiple owners of this land very shortly for a moratorium on the 62 acres immediately adjacent to Camp Bullis."

For the entire story, see
http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=119078&article=3903373