2008 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:45:43 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] ENCROACHMENT: Texas legislation

Uresti considers sponsorship of anti-encroachment legislation for Laughlin

By Bill Sontag
Del Rio Live! (TX)
September 21, 2008

"I will absolutely sponsor or co-sponsor legislation that has the consensus of the community," declared Sen. Carlos Uresti, Thursday (Sept. 18). "I'll be happy to do that." The Democratic state senator representing District 19 said he has not seen drafts of legislative proposals for Laughlin Air Force Base tendered by Beau Nettleton, Val Verde County Commissioner Precinct 3, but will be reviewing them this week.

"But they're probably very similar to what we saw in the last legislative session," Uresti said. Legislation in that session failed, but Uresti believes another round may hold more promise, particularly in light of recent publicity over controversies such as the threats to Camp Bullis, San Antonio, and its night training mission for the Army.

http://swtexaslive.com/node/7614