2009 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:18:17 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: Funding closed-base refuges in Colorado

Salazar Seeks Stimulus Projects for Converted Superfund Sites

Environment News Service
January 30, 2009

COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar returned to his home state of Colorado today to view possible economic stimulus projects at chemical and nuclear weapons Superfund sites that are transitioning into national wildlife refuges.

"The President's recovery and reinvestment plan will help pump life into our economy by creating jobs for working Americans but it will also pump life into our national wildlife refuges, national parks and other public lands by allowing us to undertake much-needed maintenance and improvement projects for visitors and wildlife alike," Salazar said.

Salazar toured Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge, a Superfund site located just east of downtown Denver.

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/jan2009/2009-01-30-092.asp