2009 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:54:30 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: Riverbank Army Ammunition Plant (CA)

Solid Outlook Ammo Plant Fires Up Jobs

Riverbank News (CA)
August 19, 2009

Things are coming along nicely at the Riverbank Army Ammunition Plant.

Following recent talks with Army officials, Riverbank Economic Development Department Manager Debbie Olson said the Army has ceased operations there and is ready to convey the base to the city.

Four out of the 10 existing companies at the base want to expand while others wish to move in and the future industrial park is expected to produce more than 1,000 jobs within the next three years.

"Last year we could not even get onto the site. Now we expect to have an office there by the end of August," Olson told Riverbank City Council members at their Aug. 10 meeting. "The Army has moved out. Now it's concerned there's nobody there to sign the lease. We need the Army to move some property out of our way."

http://www.theriverbanknews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=2&ArticleID=36261&TM=47940.09