2009 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:59:50 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FUDS: Victoria (TX) Regional Airport

Victoria officials worry Corps is washing its hands of airport mess

BY DAVID TEWES -
Victoria Advocate (TX)
November 20, 2009

The public is being asked to help airport officials find potential environmental problems at the Victoria Regional Airport stemming from when it was a military base.

They want to pass that information along to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which has been charged with cleaning up such contaminated sites.

"I want to wake them up and show them there's a lot more to do," said Jason Milewski with Prautes Corp., the airport management company. "We don't want them washing their hands of this airport yet because these issues are going to have to be cleaned up eventually."

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2009/nov/20/dt_environment_112109_74795/?business&local-business