2011 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:38:15 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] VOCs, FORMER SITES: GSA to remediate Scotia Navy Depot, Schenectady County, NY

Federal government agrees to clean up Scotia Navy Depot

WRGB CBS6 TV News (Albany, NY)
October 12, 2011

GLENVILLE -- Schenectady County officials announced on Wednesday that they have succeeded in their seven year battle to get the federal government to clean up the formal Scotia Navy Depot.

The General Services Administration has signed a Federal Facility Side Remediation agreement with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, which says the government is now responsible for cleaning up the environmental issues caused when the Depot was in operation.

"This will not only protect our environment, but will boost our economic development efforts in the Glenville (Business and Technology Park) and Schenectady County," said Judy Dagostino, Schenectady Country Legislature Chair

278-A Hope Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
Voice: 650-961-8918 or 650-969-1545
Fax: 650-961-8918