2012 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 08:19:18 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] VOCs, CONTRACTORS: "U.S. Government Expecting Long Island [NY] Residents To Pay For Navy’s Toxic Mistake"

U.S. Government Expecting Long Island Residents To Pay For Navy’s Toxic Mistake

Carolyn Gusoff
CBS TV-2 News (New York, NY)
October 11, 2012

BETHPAGE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) - Many residents are being asked to foot the bill for the government's dumping of toxic waste into the Long Island soil. And to make matters worse, the contamination is on the move.

It’s bad enough to have to worry about living above a toxic plume of water, now folks in Bethpage have to also foot the clean-up bill, CBS 2's Carolyn Gusoff reported Thursday.

"Everything trickling down to me and it’s not a mess that I made," resident Ryan Clampfer said.

The Clampfers, like other Bethpage residents, are being billed $100 more per year by their water district.

For the entire story, see
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10/11/u-s-government-expecting-long- island-residents-to-pay-for-navys-toxic-mistake/

For Sen. Schumer's press release and letter, see
http://www.schumer.senate.gov/record.cfm?id=337793&;